Starch Creative is looking for an enthusiastic Designer with the highest standards and passion for crafting world-class design across the Starch Creative portfolio of clients, and enhance the position of Starch Creative as a design, and communications firm experts in brand development and beautiful retail environments. We’re looking for people who love their craft and hold a high level of concern in executing beautifully.
As a member of Starch Creative, you will transform our clients’ brands through ideas, creativity and the use of visual media. You will make a difference in our team and inspire global brands into working with us. You bring high standards, a hard work ethic, and a down to earth attitude from brief to execution in partnership with our clients, technology and creative teams.
You Must Have:
- 2-3 year(s) of experience in a creative agency or similar environment (digital agency is a plus).
- Keen design sense: understanding of typography, color theory, illustration, and current design trends/industry standards.
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, and any other visual elements appropriately to create innovative solutions that meet user and business needs.
- Designed and delivered extraordinary brand creative across any/all virtual and tangible spaces at events, in-store, online and internally.
- Understand and distill the unique brand, product and service challenges for customers generating and executing high level creative.
Ability to provide a rationale for design choices; assure design meets business objectives as stated in the brief.
- A fearless and spontaneous imagination coupled with obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to work with highly technical cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Can go beyond just design; can think conceptually and can brainstorm ideas within a larger team.
- A portfolio that showcases your design work or speaks to your contribution directly.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to speak to / present your work.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- An insatiable appetite for design and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Self-starter who is an insight-obsessed, human-centric, detail-oriented and an enthusiastic team player.
- A good working knowledge of interactivity and the Web.
- After Effects (Motion), Sketch App, SketchUp, Axure, Principle, Atomic Design Experience is a huge plus*
- Consistently delivered high-quality work on time.
What You’ll Do:
- Evolve your own creative by taking risks, nurturing disruptive ideas and help produce break-out creative.
- Support and maintain a base of knowledge that informs future ideas: support the creative processes, workflow, and always look for areas of improvement.
- Demand only the best. Accept only the best. Collaborate with a high-performing, world-class, diverse creative team.
- Ensure design principles and best practices for various media are met.
- Ensure all production processes are to the highest standard.
- Participate in Ideas sessions, bringing a design perspective.
- Collaborate across all areas of the team, acting as guardian of design principles.
- Share knowledge and best practice across the team for the benefit of the business.
- Pitch and present work.
- Participate in client workshops.
- Strive for creative excellence at every touch-point.
- Help create and produce daily content for brands.
- Develop unique design solutions across the many print and digital media formats across our client portfolio.
- Develop branding and visual standards for clients.
- Work with the New Business team on building presentation materials.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com