NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA
Starch Creative Environment Designers leverage their experience and creativity to design unique environmental experiences. They are passionate about helping clients enhance their brand and business performance through design and adept at developing creative concepts. As a member of Starch Creative, you will explore visuals and develop environment concepts for architecture, retail, events, animation, films, and special projects. You will also collaborate in the creation of beautiful experiences and their interior logic through the depiction of design ideas, dramatic story moments, mood and tonal pieces, and prop designs.
You Must Have:
- A rich imagination, stylistic versatility, strong drawing skills, the ability to design with a sense of appeal, storytelling, composition, and color.
- 5+ years of experience in a creative agency, corporate marketing environment, or architectural design firm in applicable areas of space design such as retail, hospitality, exhibit, and urban design.
- Ability to work collaboratively and take direction.
- A mastery of architectural and organic forms.
- A general knowledge of the CG process.
- The ability to work both analog and in digital media including 3d.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, GSuite.
- Use of SketchUp, V-Ray, KeyShot, and other 3D modeling and rendering programs a plus.
- Working knowledge of motion graphics software, digital video editing, VR, or other skills related to designing for and creating dynamic content a plus.
- Professional experience in feature animation, architecture and/or experiential marketing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, environmental design, architecture, visual communication, related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with planning, documentation, and management of environmental graphic, wayfinding and signage projects in the context of the built environment.
Familiarity with architectural construction documents, scales, sections, plans, and elevations; proficiency in drawing in scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Create inspiration and narrative through drawing and design.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of architects and designers to design graphics, branded environment, signage and wayfinding solutions that connect people to place for diverse client projects.
- Conduct research for the organizational, cultural and physical context surrounding a project.
- Generate multiple initial concepts and develop viable, documented design solutions that help solve a variety of problems.
- Integrate messaging, color, imagery, type and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments.
- Prepare final documentation and production-ready artwork for 3D, print, or digital applications.
- Collaborate with clients, design teams and team members.
- Prepare designs for downstream teams including orthographic drawings and texture references.
- Provide positive contribution to studio and office culture.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com