Starch Creative is looking for an enthusiastic Art Director with the highest standards and passion for seeing beautifully crafted experiences through to the end. We’re looking for someone special. A rare breed who balances high standards and hard work with a down to earth attitude and a willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You will be exposed to many different types of projects, ranging from illustration to interactive to retail design. We’re independent, with no plans of slowing down, which means there are lots of opportunities for growth, sharing of ideas and working a wide breadth of brands.
As a member of Starch Creative, you will transform our clients’ brands through ideas, creativity and the use of visual media. You will make a difference in our team and inspire global brands into working with us. You bring high standards, a hard work ethic, and a down to earth attitude from brief to execution in partnership with our clients, technology and creative teams. If you are into creativity, design, development, architecture, interior design, illustration, photography and all in between. We would love to meet you.
You Must Have:
- 6+ year(s) of experience in a creative agency or similar environment (digital agency is a plus).
- Multidisciplinary skill set with a deep understanding of typography, color theory, illustration and current design trends/industry standards.
- Have applied brand identity systems, typography, photography, color, and any other visual elements appropriately to create innovative solutions that meet user and business needs.
- Delivered extraordinary brand creative across any/all virtual and tangible spaces at events, in-store, online and internally.
- Distilled the unique brand, product and service challenges for customers executing high level creative.
- A fearless and spontaneous imagination coupled with obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to work with highly technical cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Can go beyond this job description; can think conceptually and can develop ideas independently and with no supervision.
- A portfolio that showcases your work or speaks to your contribution directly.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to speak to / present your work.
- An insatiable appetite for media arts, communications, design and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Self-starter who is an insight-obsessed, human-centric, detail-oriented and an enthusiastic team player.
- A good working knowledge of interactivity, the web, and apps.
- Consistently delivered high-quality work on time.
- After Effects (Motion), HTML, Sketch App, SketchUp, Touch Designer, Axure, Principle, Atomic Design Experience is a huge plus*
What You’ll Do:
- Evolve your own creative by taking risks, nurturing disruptive ideas and help produce break-out creative.
- Support and maintain a base of knowledge that informs future ideas: support the creative processes, workflow, and always look for areas of improvement.
- Demand only the best. Accept only the best. Collaborate with a high-performing, world-class, diverse creative team.
- Ensure creative and best practices for various media are met.
- Ensure all production processes are to the highest standard.
- Participate in Ideas sessions, bringing a unique perspective.
- Collaborate across all areas of the team, acting as a responsible party of design principles.
- Share knowledge and best practice across the team for the benefit of the business.
- Pitch and present work.
- Participate in client workshops.
- Strive for creative excellence at every touch-point.
- Help create and produce daily content for brands.
- Develop unique creative solutions across the many print and digital media formats across our client portfolio.
- Develop branding and visual standards for clients.
- Work with the New Business team on building presentation materials.
- Learn new skills and stay abreast of creative, technical and design developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com