NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA
Starch Creative is growing quickly and seeking a Business Development Manager to continue our forward momentum. Pursuing opportunities including communications, design, branded environments, events/trade-shows, themed entertainment, retail, and public spaces, this role will help to identify, qualify and nurture relationships with a wide variety of global brands, as well as drive awareness of our organization through media and events.
You Must Have:
- Five years of experience in a creative/design agency or consulting capacity.
- Experience working with any of the following is a plus: marketing, communications, architecture, events, themed entertainment/museums, branded environments, audiovisual.
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to transition prospects to clients.
- Critical thinker who can be a strategist one minute and a tactical problem solver the next.
- Someone with experience getting your “hands dirty” – you know how to get stuff done and don’t hesitate to jump in to make it happen.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment.
- A positive attitude and can-do attitude is a MUST.
- Bachelor degree preferred but relevant experience and results speak loudest.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment; a confident team player who is motivated and customer focused.
- Must be flexible, open to change, and have the ability to shift direction and priorities often.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presenter.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition of Starch Creative at the executive level.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, identify and develop potential clients as well as the decision makers within the client organization.
- Design tactics to grow the number of new potential clients.
- Conduct initial conversations and/or capabilities presentations to qualify opportunities.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and Starch Creative executives.
- Help to plan approaches and pitches for client engagements. Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Identify and schedule key industry events to attend, as well as planning/budgeting marketing activities for said events.
- Drive other marketing activities for the organization through social media, trade organizations and press.
- Collaborate with the Account team to maintain existing client relationships seeking out additional projects and referrals.
- Build and effectively manage a list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development.
- Regularly update KPIs and dashboards demonstrating our performance; analyze results and provide learnings and recommendations on how to improve the performance of new pitches
- When appropriate, cold call to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com