Portland, Oregon / Costa Mesa, California
Description: Under the direction and supervision of the business owners, the Director of Business Development is responsible for developing, growing and maintaining wholesale accounts nationally in accordance with the required brand and marketing strategy. Builds market position through market analysis and by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships. The key areas of responsibility of this position are as described below.
You Must Have:
- 5+ years of business development experience, preferably in the creative design business sector
- Sales Planning and Strategy
- Advanced training in recent sales techniques, demonstrated presentation & negotiation skills
- Prospecting and Closing Skills
- Self-motivated, results driven, customer focused, professional sales person
- Excellent time management and organization
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to cold call potential clients with confidence
- Attention to detail
What You’ll Do:
- Business Development/Distribution: In close collaboration with the owners, develop strategies that takes into consideration the global picture with regard to (1) Retail Design (2) wholly owned galleries, business development (identifying key partners and opportunities), (3)Brand Design and 2-D branding 4) Events and Consumer Experience.
- Sales: Closes existing accounts and new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations. Responsible for Lead Generation and Lead Conversion.
- Product Development: In collaboration with the owners and management team, develop strategies around attracting new clients, new events and consumer experiences, and tactics for revitalizing sales amongst archival works. Works with marketing and management staff to maximize talent exposure.
- Market Analysis: Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Special Projects: In collaboration with the owners and management drive and remain actively involved in special events/partnerships from initiation (collaborate with) to execution; including, implementation, and ongoing management.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com