NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA
Starch Creative is looking for an Executive Assistant who will support, develop and implement the overall strategic plans and objectives for several key accounts. In this role, you will lead and manage strategy development and execution for multiple projects, taking responsibility for ensuring that our output adheres to client objectives, meets deadlines and achieves our quality standards.
Starch Creative is looking to hire a professional, energetic, organized and highly-skilled Executive Assistant to maintain various administrative duties for executive management. You will have the opportunity to put your talents to the test in a challenging and friendly environment. A Starch Creative Executive Assistant projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance, and conduct, and maintains confidentiality. The ideal candidate has the confidence to wrangle senior leaders, the drive to tackle any challenge and the swagger to roll with the rest of the crew.
You Must Have:
- 5 +years’ experience with senior level executives.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Ability to discreetly handle confidential information.
- Position continually requires demonstrated respect, poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates a strong customer-service orientation and ‘do what it takes’ behavior.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, vendors, and clients.
- Must be a team player and display initiative for ways to help manager and all persons of the team.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Must be able to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Communicates effectively, written and verbal, with employees, managers, vendors, clients and all other persons.
- Must have strong knowledge in MS Office, and Google Docs.
- Must represent the company in the highest professional manner.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Must be an excellent problem solver and proactively seek out solutions to problems.
- Can effectively navigate the organization to get work done in a timely manner.
- Must display flexibility to complete last minute projects or stay after hours to fulfill business demands.
- Demonstrates follow-through on all daily responsibilities.
- Demonstrates excellent decision-making ability and good judgment.
- Understands client’s business and product offerings.
- Understands the role of the Starch Creative offerings and how they work together.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Executive in the general handling of his/her activities. This is accomplished by acting as his/her office organizer and communications link with Starch Creative team, clients, and other outside contacts. This includes a good general knowledge of our Company’s business, organization, people, policies, procedures, and structure and understanding the confidential nature of business matters.
- Handle calls from internal and external sources.
- Take message and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions; follow-up to ensure questions/issues are answered properly.
- Proactively manage calendar and schedule; do not overbook; ensure manager is on point with the daily schedule.
- Manage and accurately input all expense reports; actively follow-up to ensure expenses are paid in a timely manner and provide the manager with tracking update.
- Schedule and organize activities, such as department activities for all members of the teams supported.
- For internal and external meetings, reserve room, include the correct people, provide accurate agendas and precise meeting notes (if requested), order and coordinate food or drink, coordinate all necessary meeting materials, and set up meeting at least 15 minutes in advance.
- Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects; perform on special projects, at the request of managers.
- Type and design general correspondences, which could include: letters, memos, forms, emails, presentations, charts, tables, graphs, business plans and any other types of correspondence; maintain master copies of all correspondence.
- Create PowerPoint, Keynote or Google Slide presentations.
- Arrange travel plans, including air, hotel, cab, car rental, restaurant, events and/or travel visa documents.
- Participate in covering the switchboard when the receptionist is out of the office or on a break.
- Actively look for efficiencies in ways of working with the manager and other assistants.
- Facilitate information sharing across disciplines.
- Actively solicit ways to help other administrative assistants, the administrative function and the company as a whole.
- Any other requested support help, based on manager’s or agency’s needs, within reason.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com