You will be the conduit between our team and our clients. All client project briefs will be communicated directly to you and internal project scopes/briefs will then be created by you and shared with the 2D / 3D design & production team(s). You will generate project calendars and hold teams accountable to deliver assets according to their respective deadlines to ensure efficient project flow. Deliverables will sometimes be late, dates will at times be delayed, but you will thrive on the challenge this presents and the opportunity to constantly adapt, evolve, and find creative solutions.
Why am I Here:
- Direct communication with clients, internal 2D & 3D design teams, and production teams. Spreadsheets, phone calls, ideation, and brainstorming.
- Work directly with our clients in the Action Sports / Skate industry to serve as a key representative of Starch Creative
- Generate project plans, calendars, and estimates based on client briefs / SOWs
- Conduct regular project status meetings with all teams
- Communicate regularly with account leads on all key issues and project deliverables
- Collaborate with internal departments to proactively manage potential risks
- Manage vendor relationships as needed
- Coordinate shipping logistics for successful delivery
- Ensure all deadlines and budgets are met – comfort with the quickest of turn-times
- Maintain a clear, complete and accessible project file documentation throughout the project process to the conclusion
- Prepare and make presentations before colleagues and clients
- Delegate project management functions to assigned Project Coordinator/Assistant and/or construction manager, etc. as needed to support project objectives.
- Bring a collaborative, multi-faceted approach to design, problem-solving and production.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse workforce of vendors and community.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client and its industry; its business initiatives, industry trends, competitive landscape, and marketplace dynamics
- Understand how the client is structured: key players and its working relationships
- Proactively brings forth business-building ideas, strategies, and solutions for clients
- Identifies opportunities for key leadership to participate in annual account planning meetings or other high-level meetings
What do I need:
- Passion and widespread knowledge of all things Action Sports: Skate, Surf, Snow
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant market conditions and trends in skateboarding and Action Sports lifestyle.
- 3-5 years related experience in a creative environment
- Sports Marketing management background/experience preferred.
- Highly resourceful problem solving and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Open to feedback, with an ability to inspire, support and understand people
- Track record of effective time management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flawless communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Familiarity of material selection for build-outs and graphic production processes
- Flexible schedule to travel on-site for projects – roughly 5-10% of the time
- Positive Attitude. Give a damn.
- Personally driven to succeed.
Face the Music
No matter how well you plan and prepare, things change and project scopes evolve. Usually these changes occur at the most inopportune times. Be prepared to change direction as needed as not all projects will go as planned. The ability to adapt is critical. We often wear multiple hats to ensure project success and we think this is a good thing. Not because we like hats, but because project success is priority one.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com