NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA
Starch Creative is growing quickly and seeking a Project Manager to continue our forward momentum. In this role, you will the main point of contact between Account Management and Design to ensure creative and production deadlines are met, along with budgets.
You Must Have:
- 2+ years of experience in a creative/design agency.
- Experience working with any of the following is a plus: retail displays, overseas manufacturing, event coordination/production, branded environments.
- Critical thinker who can be a strategist one minute and a tactical problem solver the next.
- Someone with experience getting your “hands dirty” – you know how to get stuff done and don’t hesitate to jump in to make it happen.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment.
- A positive attitude and can-do attitude is a MUST.
- Bachelor degree preferred but relevant experience and results speak loudest.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment; a confident team player who is motivated and customer focused.
- Must be flexible, open to change, and have the ability to shift direction and priorities often.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
What You’ll Do :
- Work directly with our clients to serve as a key representative of Starch Creative.
- Partner with marketing and design to ideate on large scale ideas to elevate our clients and their brand.
- Generate project plans, calendars and estimates based on client briefs / SOWs.
- Conduct regular project status meetings with all teams.
- Communicate regularly with account leads on all key issues and project deliverables.
- Collaborate with internal departments to proactively manage potential risks.
- Manage vendor relationships as needed.
- Coordinate shipping logistics for successful delivery.
- Ensure all deadlines and budgets are met with quick turn-arounds.
- Maintain clear, complete and accessible project file documentation throughout project process to conclusion.
- Prepare and make presentations before colleagues and clients.
- Delegate project management functions to assigned Project Coordinator/Assistant and/or construction manager, etc. as needed to support project objectives.
- Bring a collaborative, multi-faceted approach to design, problem solving and production.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse workforce of vendors and community.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client and its industry; its business initiatives, industry trends competitive landscape and marketplace dynamics.
- Understand how the client is structured: key players and its working relationships.
- Proactively bring forth business-building ideas, strategies and solutions for clients.
- Identify opportunities for key leadership to participate in annual account planning meetings or other high-level meetings.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com