NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA
This editor / videographer will be responsible for creating relevant and captivating video for our all of our internal video production needs. The content will be used for internal and external marketing purposes through presentations, vimeo, youtube, and all social media channels. This person will be the sole videographer and editor working internally for Starch Creative and Purpose Supply Co.
Essential Job Functions:
- Shoot, produce & edit video of events, production builds, and various content across two brands.
- Creatively film trade shows, events, and internal productions.
- Video editing (+basic graphics, sound, and color correction) on short-form projects using non-linear editing software suites and plug-ins (mainly Adobe Premiere Pro and Creative Suite).
- Using a creative approach to edit projects efficiently and on time.
- Edit videos specifically for social media channels.
- Operates video cameras, on location or in studio.
- Produce the video content associated with a podcast.
- Transport, set up, and operate production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions.
- Edit videos for a variety of digital formats.
- Create motion graphics and creative edits to elevate all branded video.
- Maintain equipment inventory, and field / studio production schedules.
- Archive all final projects
- Self-starter who is an insight-obsessed, human-centric, detail-oriented and an enthusiastic team player.
- Possibility of work on longer form, documentary-style projects
- Coordinating video translation and subtitling.
- Curating select footage pools/reels for re-use in new projects
- Sourcing and license negotiation of footage and music for video projects.
- Minimum 2-3 years in a creative video role.
- Ability to film, edit, and produce content on a demanding schedule.
- Knowledge of editing applications and procedures including all of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge and understanding of Plugins like Red Giant.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot, audio and video equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to configure, operate and maintain studio and/or field audio, lighting and associated production equipment.
- Knowledge of professional video editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-Driven and self motivated.
- A thirst for collaborating and communicating creative ideas.
- Job entails the expected physicality that comes with shooting & operating a camera.
- Frequently stands, walks, lifts, moves and carries equipment as required.
- Must be able to; access all areas of the studio and other locations.
- Environment is fast paced, and indoor/outdoor temperature conditions apply.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Degree in film a plus – Not required.
- Relevant work / reel must be presented – No reel no dice.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment with a high volume of projects and archival footage.
- Mix of documentary and commercial film editing background preferred.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Audition.
Starch Creative is a branding, design, and communications firm. We’re experts in immersive events, experiences, and brand development in retail environments. With offices in Newport Beach, and Portland we work with clients in active sports, retail, and CPG. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to Starch Creative’s ability to provide our clients with the best talent and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To apply, contact hireme@WhatsYourStarch.com